The Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting has been designed to develop the understanding and skills of the regulatory requirements for tax and accountancy and how these frameworks are applied in the workplace. Learners completing this qualification will have a full understanding of what is to be expected from a professional accountant at work, able to produce and interpret a full range of financial information and accounts.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of following:
- ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting
- other related level 4 subjects such as the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management
- other equivalent international qualifications
Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
Introduction to Level 5 Qualifications in Accounting
The Aims of the Qualification
The aims of these qualifications are to develop knowledge and understanding in a range of subject areas which are pertinent to the development of participants and to accounting roles in organisations. The qualifications also support progression for learners to higher qualification levels. The associated sample assignments support the development of skills needed by individuals working in the Accounting profession. The Level 5Accountingqualifications have been developed to conform to the requirements of the RQF.
These qualifications are therefore designed to provide:
- Opportunities for learners to develop a breadth of knowledge and understanding of subject matter related to accounting, particularly in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Development of underpinning skills, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life
- Optional units in particular specialisms that are directly related to learner's current responsibilities or that meet a particular interest and support career development
- A base for continued learning and a desire to constantly develop as an individual, further improving knowledge, understanding and skills. RQF Levels The RQF level descriptor for level 5 is as follows: Knowledge descriptor (the holder...)
- Has practical, theoretical or technological knowledge and understanding of a subject or field of work to find ways forward in broadly defined, complex contexts. Can analyse, interpret and evaluate relevant information, concepts and ideas. Is aware of the nature and scope of the area of study or work. Understands different perspectives, approaches or schools of thought and the reasoning behind them. Skills descriptor (the holder can...)
- Determine, adapt and use appropriate methods, cognitive and practical skills to address broadly defined, complex problems.
- Use relevant research or development to inform actions.
- Evaluate actions, methods and results. Entry Requirements for Level 5 Accounting Qualifications. These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above. ATHE's policy regarding access to our qualifications is that:
- They should be available to everyone who is capable of reaching the required standards.
Click here to check Course Fees
Click here to check Progression Pathways