The rationale for the qualification is that it provides a career path for learners who wish to develop a broad base of knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of roles n the IT industry, notably in .NET programming, system administration and network security. Learners will also learn about entrepreneurship in a techno environment. The qualification is flexible in that it offers elective choices of networking, web design or e-commerce – the latter being much in demand in modern business.
The technical skills and knowledge delivered through the successful achievement of the qualification are required and recognised internationally. The diploma is accredited at Level 5 and has a total equivalence of 120 credits.
1. To understand and apply the principles of IT in a range of business environments
2. To understand and apply the principles in a specific environment
3. To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship
between management theories and their practical application in the IT world
4. Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
5. Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
6. Effectively use verbal and communication skills
7. Work independently and as part of a team
8. Manage one's own personal development and growth
Entry to the qualifications will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
Upon completing this Level 5 diploma, learners can progress to the final year of an undergraduate degree in information technology, computer science or related subject, or Level 6 Diplomas. Learners can also step directly into employment in an associated profession. Click Here to Check Progression Pathways
Primary areas of employment include: