The qualifications have been created to develop and reward the hospitality and tourism managers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the management sectors. Furthermore, we look to develop the team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for industry.
The diploma will link to key development in areas of the hospitality and tourism sector. Contemporary issues are identified and evaluated so that the learner has a true vocational understanding on the industry as well as an academic perspective.
1. To understand and apply the principles of management in hospitality and tourism
2. Review and apply the principles of business management within the industry
3. To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment
4. To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world
5. Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
6. Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
7. Effectively use verbal and communication skills
8. Work independently and as part of a team
9. Manage one's own personal development and growth
Upon completing this Level 3 diploma, learners can progress to the Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Learners can also step directly into employment in an associated profession. Click Here to Check Progression Pathways
Primary areas of employment include: